*Application period open until 14th February 2020
GAHP (Global Alliance on Health and Pollution) New York, New York.
Pollution is the largest environmental cause of death on the planet – causing 9 million premature deaths a year, and costing countries up 2% of GDP. Despite this huge burden of disease, pollution receives but a fraction of Overseas Development Aid afforded to other major health crises.
GAHP is looking for a Program Intern for the Spring semester to support general programmatic and communications activities – contribute your motivation, ideas and skills to help us achieve our ambitious 2020 work plan.
The Internship may include attendance at high-level events at the UN, donor meetings, contributing to policy briefs and reports on pollution and health, and other exciting opportunities.
The position is 15-20 hours per week and unpaid, but academic credit and NYC MetroCard can be arranged. Occasional remote flex work also possible.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. communications, international development, public health, environmental science or related field)
• Experience/knowledge in pollution or environmental health research preferred
• Strong academic record and excellent English writing skills a MUST
• Available for up to 20 hours/week, starting ASAP.
• Proficiency with MS Word, and online research tools
• High level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
• Self-starter and motivated. Must be able to work with directives and minimal supervision.
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive attitude
How to Apply
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line of your email should read: Program Internship Application.
Application period open until 14th February 2020. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.