Global Commission on Pollution, Health and Development Launches At ICCM4
The Global Commission on Pollution, Health and Development was launched Oct. 1, 2015, at the 4th Session of the International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM4), in Geneva, Switzerland.
The panel announcing the Commission at the ICCM4 included:
- Karti Sandilya (panel moderator), former U.S. Resident Director of the Asian Development Bank
- Carlos Salinas de Gortari, President, Mexico (1988-1994)
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme
- Jairam Ramesh, Member of Parliament, India; Minister of Rural Development, India (2011-2014); Minister of State at the Ministry of Environment and Forests, India (2009-2011)
- Barbara Hendricks, Minister of Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Germany
- Richard Fuller, President, Pure Earth (formerly Blacksmith Institute), which services as Secretariat for the GAHP.
The Commission is an initiative of The Lancet, the Global Alliance on Health and Pollution (GAHP), and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, with coordination from the United Nations Environment Programme and the World Bank.
- Learn more, and see a full list of Commissioners here.
- Read the press release
Comments are closed.