Sources and Strategies to Reduce Lead Exposure in Africa
October 21 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Researchers and experts will discuss their findings on current known major sources of lead exposure in Africa, share knowledge and experience on interventions, and highlight new and existing resources to support interventions.
The event will be moderated by Rachael Kupka, Acting Executive Director of the Global Alliance on Health and Pollution.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Jack Caravanos, School of Global Public Health, New York University
- Wilson Baaku & Elsie Appeadu, Pure Earth Ghana Office
- Terseer Ugbor, Executive Secretary, Alliance for Responsible Battery Recycling, Nigeria
- Dr. Sampson Atiemo, Mountain Research Institute, Ghana and Andreas Manhart , Oeko Institute
- Muhammed Omotola, UN Environment Program
- Lesley Onyon,Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health, World Health Organization
Register here to attend the webinar.
This event is supported by Protecting Every Child’s Potential (PECP), an initiative launched by Clarios Foundation, Pure Earth and UNICEF to end childhood lead exposure by mobilizing resources from the public and private sector.